. IMPORTANT SAFE-
Read All Instructions
1) SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS -This
manual contains important safety
and operating instructions for battery
) Before using battery charger, read all
instructions and cautionary markings
on battery charger, battery pack, and
product using battery pack.
3) CAUTION -To reduce the risk of in-
jury, charge only Panasonic Battery
pack as shown in last page. Other
types of batteries may burst causing
personal injury and damage.
4) Do not expose charger and battery
pack to rain or snow or use in damp
5) To reduce risk of damaging the elec-
tric plug and cord, pull by plug rather
than cord when disconnecting charg-
6) Make sure cord is located so that it
will not be stepped on, tripped over,
or otherwise subjected to damage or
7) An extension cord should not be
used unless absolutely necessary.
Use of improper extension cord could
result in a risk of fire and electric
shock. If extension cord must be
used, make sure that:
a. pins on plug of extension cord are
the same number, size and shape
as those of plug on charger.
b. extension cord is properly wired
and in good electrical condition.
c. wire size is large enough for
ampere rating of charger as speci-
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM AWG SIZE OF
EXTENSION CORDS FOR
AC Input Rating.
Equal to or
10) Do not disassemble charger; take
11) To reduce risk of electric shock, un-
1) The charger and battery pack are
13) Do not attempt to charge the battery
14) Do not attempt to disassemble the
15) Do not store battery pack in locations
16) Do not charge battery pack when the
17) Do not incinerate the battery pack. It
18) Avoid dangerous environment. Do
19) The charger is designed to oper-
AWG Size of Cord
Length of Cord, Feet
0) Do not abuse cord. Never carry charg-
5 50 100 150
18 18 18 16
- 3 -
8) Do not operate charger with dam-
aged cord or plug — replace them
9) Do not operate charger if it has re-
ceived a sharp blow, been dropped,
or otherwise damaged in any way;
take it to a qualified service agent.
it to a qualified service agent when
service or repair is required. Incor-
rect reassembly may result in a risk
of electric shock or fire.
plug charger from outlet before at-
tempting any maintenance or clean-
specifically designed to work to-
gether. Do not attempt to charge any
other cordless tool or battery pack
with this charger.
pack with any other charger.
battery charger and the battery pack
where the temperature may reach
or exceed 50°C (1°F) (such as a
metal tool shed, or a car in the sum-
mer), which can lead to deterioration
of the storage battery.
temperature is BELOW 0°C (3°F)
or ABOVE 40°C (104°F). This is very
can be explode in a fire.
not use charger in damp or wet loca-
ate on standard household electrical
power only. Charge only on the volt-
age indicated on the nameplate. Do
not attempt to use it on any other
er by cord or yank it to disconnect
from outlet. Keep cord away from
heat, oil and sharp edges.