ALL REPLACEMENT PARTS
1. We recommend to use Yamaha
genuine parts for all replace-
ments. Use oil and/or grease rec-
ommended by Yamaha for
assembly and adjustment.
GASKETS, OIL SEALS AND O-
1. All gaskets, oil seals, and O-rings
should be replaced when an en-
gine is overhauled. All gasket sur-
faces, oil seal lips, and O-rings
must be cleaned.
2. Properly oil all mating parts and
bearings during reassembly. Ap-
ply grease to the oil seal lips.
LOCK WASHERS/PLATES AND
1. All lock washers/plates "1" and
cotter pins must be replaced
when they are removed. Lock
tab(s) should be bent along the
bolt or nut flat(s) after the bolt or
nut has been properly tightened.
BEARINGS AND OIL SEALS
1. Install the bearing(s) "1" and oil
seal(s) "2" with their manufactur-
er's marks or numbers facing out-
ward. (In other words, the
stamped letters must be on the
side exposed to view.) When in-
stalling oil seal(s), apply a light
coating of lightweight lithium base
grease to the seal lip(s). Oil the
bearings liberally when installing.
Do not use compressed air to spin
the bearings dry. This causes dam-
age to the bearing surfaces.
CHECKING OF CONNECTION
1. All circlips should be inspected
carefully before reassembly. Al-
ways replace piston pin clips after
one use. Replace distorted cir-
clips. When installing a circlip "1",
make sure that the sharp-edged
corner "2" is positioned opposite
to the thrust "3" it receives. See
the sectional view.
Dealing with stains, rust, moisture,
etc. on the connector.
2. Dry each terminal with an air
3. Connect and disconnect the con-
nector two or three times.
4. Pull the lead to check that it will
not come off.
5. If the terminal comes off, bend up
the pin "1" and reinsert the termi-
nal into the connector.
The two connectors "click" together.
7. Check for continuity with a tester.
• If there in no continuity, clean the
• Be sure to perform the steps 1 to 7
listed above when checking the
• For a field remedy, use a contact re-
vitalizer available on the market.
• Use the tester on the connector as