7.10 Upgrading the System Firmware
To upgrade the system ﬁrmware you need to have the following ﬁles. In addition, you need to use a computer
and USB cable.
Install the USB Driver software to your computer before upgrading the system firmware.
How to upgrade the system ﬁrmware
(1) Connect the computer and the CE5000 via the USB interface.
(2) Turn on the power while pressing the RIGHT ARROW key and the LEFT ARROW key to display the
menu shown below.
(3) Select "YES" using the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW key.
(4) Press the ENTER key to display the menu shown below.
PLEASE SEND PRG
(5) Send ﬁrmware to the plotter from the computer.
Select the system ﬁrmware ﬁle from the SEND.EXE menu.
Select CE5000 from the output menu.
Output the system ﬁrmware ﬁle to the CE5000.
(6) The following menu is displayed while data is being received.
(7) When the upgrading is complete, the plotter will start the initialization routine.
When you install the ﬁrmware for the ﬁrst time, model select menu appears, so select the model at this
(8) The ﬁrmware version is displayed during the initialization routine. Check the ﬁrmware version that you
(9) Turn off the power.
:CE5000 ﬁrmware (Use later version than 1.5 for the CE5000-120AP)
:Utility to transfer ﬁles using Windows
:USB Driver software for CE5000-60/120
:USB Driver software for CE5000-40CRP (Craft Robo Pro)
:USB Driver software for CE5000-120AP
7. ELECTRICAL ADJUSTMENTS