REAR SWING ARM
(ZX550.Al AND A2)
5. Chain protector
8. Center spacer
1. Remove the rear wheel.
2. Remove the seat and side covers.
3. Remove the bolts securing the chain guard
to the swing arm and remove the chain guard.
4. Loosen and remove the rear shock
5. Remove the upper and lower bolts
securing the shock absorber.
6. Support the swing arm and lift the shock
absorber out of the frame.
Check the shock absorber body and
reservoir for damage.
8. Installation is the reverse of these steps.
Tighten the shock absorber mounting bolts as
specified in Table 27.
Refer to Figure 101 for this procedure.
1. Remove the shock absorber as described
in this supplement.
2. Remove the bolts securing the lower
control links to the swing arm.
3. Remove the nut securing the swing arm
pivot bolt and carefully tap the pivot bolt out
of the frame. Carefully slide the swing arm
out of the frame.
4. Installation is the reverse of these steps.
Install the shock absorber and tighten all the
rear suspension mounting bolts as specified in
Table 28 UNI-TRAK SUSPENSION SPECIFICATIONS (KZ550.Hl)
Swing arm sleeve OD
Rocker arm sleeve OD
Spherical bearing thickness
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale