1982 AND LATER SERVICE INFORMATION
3. Disconnect the air hose from both shock
4. Remove the upper and lower acorn nut
and washers from the shock absorber.
5. Remove the shock absorber.
After removing the shock absorberfs),
do not turn them upside down or
sideways. Failure to observe these
cautions will result in loss of oil through
the air hose connections.
6. Install by reversing these steps. Note the
a. If any oil was lost from the shock, take it
to a dealer to check and adjust the level.
b. Refill the shock air pressure as described
in the Chapter Three section of this
c. Tighten the shock mounting bolts to
specifications in Table 26.
(KZ550-F1 AND MI)
Refer to Figure 93.
1. Remove the rear wheel and shock
absorbers as described in this supplement.
2. Disconnect the torque link rod from the
right-hand side of the swing arm.
3. Remove the caps from both sides (Figure
94) of the swing arm.
Support the middle section of the swing
arm with wood blocks before starting
4. Remove the pivot shaft locknuts and
remove the shafts. See Figure 95.
REAR SWING ARM
IKZ550.Fl AND M I )
8. Grease seal
9. Tapered roller bearing
11. Sliding joint
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale