REAR MASTER CYLINDER
7. Mounting bolt (2)
8. Copper washers
9. Brake hose
10. Banjo bolt
12. Primary cup
14. Secondary cup
15. Piston assembly
16. Piston stop
24. Cotter pin
1. Inspect the pushrod boot on the bottom of
the master cylinder. Install a new one ifcracked
2. Install the master cylinder on the pushrod
and pull the rubber boot up into place on the
3. Torque the 2 master cylinder mounting
bolts as specified in Table 4.
Connect the brake lines. Use a new washer
on both sides of the banjo bolt and torque it as
specified in Table 4.
5. Bleed the brake system as described in this
6. Adjust the rear brake; see Brake Pedal Play
in Chapter Three.
It is not necessary to remove the disc from
the wheel to inspect it. Small marks on the disc
are not important, but scratches deep enough
to snag a fingernail reduce braking
effectiveness and increase pad wear.
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale