Pull back the rubber boot and remove the
banjo bolt (Figure 60) securing the brake hose
to the master cylinder.
Brake fluid ruins paint and plastic
surfaces. (f you spill any, wipe it up
4. Remove the 2 master cylinder clamp bolts
and the clamp. Take off the master cylinder.
1. Install the master cylinder with the
projection on the clamp toward the throttle
2. Install the clamp bolts and washers (B,
Figure 61). Tighten the upper bolt first, then
the lower one.
3. Connect the brake line. Use a new washer
on either side of the banjo bolt and torque it as
specified in Table 4.
4. Bleed the brake system as described in this
REAR MASTER CYLINDER
The 1981 and later models use a rear master
remote fluid reservoir. The
1979-1980 KZ500 reservoir is part of the
See Figure 62 or Figure 63.
1. Remove the right side cover.
the KZ550-D, remove
the bolt that
mounts the fluid reservoir to the frame.
Remove the banjo bolt that connects the
master cylinder to the rear brake hose.
Brake ,fluid ruins paint and plastic
surfaces. If you spill any, wipe it up
4. Remove the 2 rear master cylinder
mounting bolts. Pull the master cylinder free of
the brake pushrod and dust cover.
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale