WHEELS, TIRES A N D BRAKES
8. Stand the tire upright. Insert the tire iron
between the second bead and the side ofthe rim
that the first bead was pried over (Figure 27).
Force the bead on the opposite side from the
tire iron into the center of the rim. Pry the
second bead off the rim, working around as
with the first.
1. Carefully inspect the tire for any damage.
2. If the tire has a directional arrow on the tire
sidewall. it should point in the normal
direction of rotation.
3. Position the tire next to the rim with your
mark at the valve stem hole.
colored spot near the bead tndtcates a
lrghter point on the ttre. Thrs spot should
he placed next to the valve stem (Figure
4. Inflate the tube just enough to round it out.
Too much air will make installation difficult.
Place the tube inside the tire.
Lubricate both beads of the tire with soapy
6. Push the backside of the tire down into the
center of the rim and insert the valve stem
through the stem hole in the wheel. The lower
bead should go into the center of the rim and
the upper bead outside. Work around the tire in
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale