4. With feeler gauges, measure the minimum
clearance between the inner rotor and the outer
rotor (Figure 106).
5. Measure the clearance between the outer
rotor and the pump body (Figure 107).
6. Measure the rotor side clearance with a
straightedge and feeler gauge (Figure 108).
7. Replace any parts whose wear exceeds the
limits specified in Table 1.
T o assemble the oil pump, reverse the
disassembly procedure. Note the following:
a. Check that the inner dowel pin is in place
b. Use a new gasket.
c. After assembly, rotate the shaft to make
sure it turns freely.
Oil Pump Installation
1. Fill the pump with engine oil to prime it.
2. Check that the 2 dowel pins are in place in
the right-hand side of the crankcase (Figure
Install the pump in the engine. If it will not
seat easily, rotate the drive gear enough to
mesh it with the secondary shaft gear.
4. Make sure the secondary shaft bearing
retainer is in place, and install the
mounting screws and one bolt (Figure 111).
Stake the mounting screws with a punch to lock
them in place.
5. Check the oil passage O-rings (Figure 112).
Install new ones ifdamaged. The flat side ofthe
O-ring faces the engine.
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale