timing plate screws (Figure 89) and the pickup
coil or contact breaker point assembly.
10. Remove the rear brake light switch (A,
1 1. Disconnect the battery ground lead at the
right rear side of the engine (B, Figure 90).
12. Remove the right footpeg.
13A. Models with rear drum brake: Remove
the brake pedal or disconnect the rod and push
the brake pedal down below the frame tube.
13B. Models with rear disc brake: Remove the
2 rear master cylinder mounting bolts (Figure
91), then push the brake pedal down below the
14. On the KZ550-D: Remove the 4 oil cooler
line mounting bolts at the front of the oil pan
15. Take a final look all over the engine to
make sure everything has been disconnected.
16. Loosen, then remove, all engine mounting
nuts and bolts on both sides of the engine
(Figure 92 and Figure 93).
Keep your hands clear as you remove the
bolts. The engine can easily smash your
Property of www.SmallEngineDiscount.com - Not for Resale