Connecting Bluetooth devices
Registering a new Bluetooth device
When you connect a Bluetooth device to the unit
for the first time, make pairing between the unit
and the device. Pairing allows Bluetooth devices to
communicate each other.
• The pairing method differs depending on the
Bluetooth version of the device.
– For the device with Bluetooth 2.1: You can pair
the device and the unit using SSP (Secure Simple
Pairing) which only requires confirmation.
– For the device with Bluetooth 2.0: You need to
enter a PIN code both on the device and unit for
• Once the connection is established, it is registered in
the unit even if you reset the unit. Up to 5 devices can
be registered in total.
• Only one device for Bluetooth phone and one for
Bluetooth audio can be connected at a time.
• To use the Bluetooth function, you need to turn on
Bluetooth function of the device.
• To use the registered device, you need to connect the
device to the unit. (☞ page 50)
Pairing a Bluetooth device using SSP (for
When the Bluetooth device is compatible with
Bluetooth 2.1, pairing request is sent from an available
device. Confirm the request both on the device and
Pairing a Bluetooth device using a PIN
code (for Bluetooth 2.0)
On <Settings> screen:
The <Bluetooth Setup> screen is displayed.
Rejects the request