Observe the following rules when working on electrical equipments.
• Find the room emergency power-off (EPO) switch, disconnecting switch or
• Do not work alone under hazardous conditions or near the equipment that
• Disconnect all power before:
• Before you start to work on the machine, unplug the power cord. If you
• If you need to work on a machine that has exposed electrical circuits,
Observe the special safety precautions when you work with very high voltages;
instructions for these precautions are in the safety sections of maintenance
information. Be extremely careful when you measure the high voltages.
• Regularly inspect and maintain your electrical hand tools for safe operational
• Do not use worn or broken tools and testers.
• Never assume that power has been disconnected from a circuit. First, check
Use only approved tools and test equipments. Some hand tools have handles
covered with a soft material that does not insulate you when working with live
Many customers have rubber floor mats near their machines that contain small
conductive fibers to decrease electrostatic discharges. Do not use such kind of mat
to protect yourself from electrical shock.
electrical outlet. If an electrical accident occurs, you can then operate the
switch or unplug the power cord quickly.
has hazardous voltages.
– Performing a mechanical inspection
– Working near power supplies
– Removing or installing main units
cannot unplug it, ask the customer to power-off the wall box that supplies
power to the machine, and to lock the wall box in the off position.
observe the following precautions:
– Ensure that another person, familiar with the power-off controls, is near
Attention: Another person must be there to switch off the power, if
– Use only one hand when working with powered-on electrical equipment;
keep the other hand in your pocket or behind your back.
Attention: An electrical shock can occur only when there is a complete
circuit. By observing the above rule, you may prevent a current from
passing through your body.
– When using testers, set the controls correctly and use the approved
probe leads and accessories for that tester.
– Stand on suitable rubber mats (obtained locally, if necessary) to insulate
you from grounds such as metal floor strips and machine frames.
it to make sure that it has been powered off.