Yoga 500-14IBD/Yoga 500-14IHW/Yoga 500-14ACL/Yoga 500-14ACZ/
Yoga 500-15IBD/Yoga 500-15IHW/Yoga 500-15ACL Hardware Maintenance Manual
Important service information
This chapter presents the following important service information:
• "Strategy for replacing FRUs" on page 16
• "Important information about replacing RoHS compliant FRUs" on page 18
Strategy for replacing FRUs
Before replacing parts:
Make sure that all software fixes, drivers, and BIOS downloads are installed
before replacing any FRUs listed in this manual.
After a system board is replaced, ensure that the latest BIOS is loaded to the
system board before completing the service action.
To download software fixes, drivers, and BIOS, follow the steps below:
1. Go to http://support.lenovo.com.
2. Enter the serial number or select a product or use Lenovo smart
3. Select the BIOS/Driver/Applications and download.
4. Follow the directions on the screen and install the necessary software.
– "Strategy for replacing a hard disk drive" on page 17
– "Important notice for replacing a system board" on page 17
BIOS and device driver fixes are customer-installable. The BIOS and device drivers
are posted on the customer support site: