This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits set out in the EMC
Directive using a connection cable shorter
than 3 metres.
• Place the player in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the
• To reduce the risk of fire, do not cover the
ventilation opening of the appliance with
newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
• Do not expose the appliance to naked flame
sources (for example, lighted candles).
• Do not install this player in a confined space,
such as a bookshelf or similar unit.
• Do not place the player outdoors, in
vehicles, on ships, or on other vessels.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold
to a warm location, or is placed in a very
damp room, moisture may condense on the
lenses inside the player. Should this occur,
the player may not operate properly. In this
case, remove the disc and leave the player
turned on for about half an hour until the
• Do not install the player in an inclined
position. It is designed to be operated in a
horizontal position only.
• Do not place metal objects in front of the
front panel. It may limit reception of radio
• Do not place the player in a place where
medical equipment is in use. It may cause a
malfunction of medical instruments.
• If you use a pacemaker or other medical
device, consult your physician or the
manufacturer of your medical device before
using the wireless LAN function.
• Do not place heavy or unstable objects on
• Do not place any objects other than discs on
the disc tray. Doing so may cause damage to
the player or the object.
• Take out any discs from the tray when you
move the player. If you don't, the disc may
• Disconnect the AC adaptor and all other
cables from the player when you move the
On power sources
• The player is not disconnected from the AC
power source as long as it is connected to the
wall outlet, even if the player itself has been
• Disconnect the player from the wall outlet if
you are not going to use the player for a long
time. To disconnect the AC adaptor, grasp
the plug itself; never pull the cord.
• Observe following points to prevent the AC
adaptor being damaged. Do not use the AC
adaptor if it is damaged, as doing so may
result in an electric shock or fire.
– Do not pinch the AC adaptor between the
player and wall, shelf, etc.
– Do not put anything heavy on the AC
adaptor or pull on the AC adaptor itself.
On AC adaptor
• Use the supplied AC adaptor for this player,
as other adaptors may cause a malfunction.
• Do not disassemble or reverse-engineer.
• Do not confine the AC adaptor in a closed
place such as a bookshelf or an AV cabinet.
• Do not connect the AC adaptor to a
traveler's electric transformer, which may
generate heat and cause a malfunction.
• Do not drop or apply shock.
On adjusting volume
Do not turn up the volume while listening to a
section with very low level inputs or no audio
signals. Your ears and the speakers may be
damaged when the sound level reaches the
Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a
soft cloth. Do not use any type of abrasive pad,
scouring powder or solvent such as alcohol or
On cleaning discs, disc/lens cleaners
Do not use cleaning discs or disc/lens cleaners
(including wet or spray types). These may
cause the apparatus to malfunction.