1.2.3. Handling precautions
The following instructions are for your own personal safety to avoid injury and so as not to damage the product.
1) Ensure the product is installed on a level surface, capable of supporting its weight. Failure to do so could cause
the product to tip or fall.
2) The product contains many rollers, gears and fans. Take great care to ensure that you do not catch your fingers, hair or
clothing in any of these rotating devices.
3) Do not place any small metal objects, containers of water, chemicals or other liquids close to the product which if spilled
could get into the machine and cause damage or a shock or fire hazard.
4) Do not install the machine in areas with high dust or moisture levels, beside on open window or close to a humidifier or
heater. Damage could be caused to the product in such areas.
5) Do not place candles, burning cigarettes, etc on the product, These could cause a fire.
6) Ensure that the machine is installed and used in proper area to meet the temperature and humidity specifications.
If the machine is stored at below zero Celsius for a long time, do not use the machine instantly after movement. It
can malfunction. Take care of the machine storage. If the machine is stored at below zero Celsius for a long time,
keep the machine at room temperature and install it.
1.2.4. Assembly and Disassembly precautions
1) Replace parts carefully and always use Samsung parts. Take care to note the exact location of parts and also cable
routing before dismantling any part of the machine. Ensure all parts and cables are replaced correctly. Please carry out
the following procedures before dismantling the product or replacing any parts.
2) Ensure that power is disconnected before servicing or replacing any electrical parts.
3) Disconnect interface cables and power cables.
4) Only use approved spare parts. Ensure that part number, product name, any voltage, current or temperature rating
5) When removing or re-fitting any parts do not use excessive force, especially when fitting screws into plastic.
6) Take care not to drop any small parts into the machine.
7) Handling of the OPC Drum
The OPC Drum can be irreparably damaged if it exposed to light. Take care not to expose the OPC Drum either
to direct sunlight or to fluorescent or incandescent room lighting. Exposure for as little as 5 minutes can damage
the surface of the photoconductive properties and will result in print quality degradation. Take extra care when
servicing the product. Remove the OPC Drum and store it in a black bag or other lightproof container. Take
care when working with the Covers (especially the top cover) open as light is admitted to the OPC area and can
damage the OPC Drum.
Take care not to scratch the green surface of OPC Drum Unit. If the green surface of the Drum Cartridge is
scratched or touched the print quality will be compromised.
Copyright© 1995-2013 SAMSUNG. All rights reserved.