MW800 CPU Owner's Manual
Appendix A: Safety Instructions
Reduce the risk of fire or electric shock by following basic safety instructions:
• Do not use your device during electrical storms.
• Do not connect or disconnect cables while you device is turned on.
• Protect your device from liquids. Keep your device away from water.
• Do not use any power cord where input or output pins show signs of corrosion
• Be sure that all power cord connections are securely plugged into receptacles.
• Never coil a power cord.
• Always route a power cord and communication cables so they will not be
To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the power cable and all communication cables
opening the device.
Electric current in power and communication cables is hazardous. To prevent shock
hazard, follow the installation methods recommended in the Installation Manual.
An improperly grounded device is hazardous. To prevent shock hazard, follow the
installation methods recommended in the Installation Manual.
The device dissipates heat during normal operation. When the device is operating, do
not allow it to contact any part of your body for an extended period of time – it could
The device generates heat when on. Never block or cover ventilations slots and fans.
The device is sensitive to uncontrolled shut down. Never turn off the device by
turning off the power supply or by disconnection of the power cable.
Hard drive performance and lifetime could be shortened if the device is not used for
long period of time. Do not leave the device unused for more than 3 months.