C h a p t e r 2
1. Turn the device over and press the battery door tab in,
lift the door up, and remove the battery.
T H E S I M C A R D
Your device uses a SIM card, which contains your phone number, service details and
memory for storing phone numbers and messages. You will not be able to make or receive
calls if you do not have a SIM card, which uses GSM technology, inserted in your phone.
For additional information, see "About Your SIM Card" on page 76.
T H E D E S K T O P H O L D E R
The Accompli 009 includes a desktop holder with an infrared (IR) port. The desktop holder is
used to transfer data to and from your computer or when synchronizing your Accompli 009
PIM applications with your desktop PIM applications.
Accompli 009 User's Guide
T h e S I M C a r d
2. Align the battery so that the gold contacts
on the battery match the gold contacts in
the battery compartment.
3. Insert the battery at an angle toward the
edge of the device. Press the battery into
4. Slide the battery door back into place.
1. With the battery removed from the device, slide the
small SIM gate in the direction of the arrow and lift
2. Place the SIM card face down, making sure the
gold connectors on the card meet the connectors
on the device.
3. Close the SIM gate and replace the battery in the