WN825G/GP and WPCI810G/GP
Firmware Release Notes
Windows ® 2000 and Windows XP™
WN825G/GP and WPCI810G/GP 6.1.1 Firmware Release Notes
• The features in this release are compatible with the WN825G,
WN825GP, WPCI810G, and WPCI810GP wireless adapters.
• Release 6.1.1 is compatible with all hardware versions.
• Release 6.1.1 supports Windows ® 2000 and Windows XP™.
Users with Windows ® 98 SE and Windows ME ® , use version
Changes in Release 6.1.1
• Cisco ® LEAP ® , Cisco ® Client eXtensions (CCX) v1.0, v2.0, and
• Windows ® Help–enhanced online help for Motorola Wireless
• WMM (Wi-Fi ® Multimedia)–supported
• WPA2™ (Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2)–supported
• Added capability on the Motorola Wireless Configuration Utility
allows users to import and export preferred network profiles
• When a WN825G notebook adapter is used on a laptop with
multiple card slots, a unique profile can be maintained for each
slot. If only one profile is to be used, always connect the adapter
to the same slot; otherwise, the adapter needs to be configured
for each slot.
How to Upgrade
To upgrade to version 6.1.1:
1 Download and save the 6.1.1 Software Update
WN825_WPCI810_6.1.1.exe from the Motorola Web site at the
2 Double-click the WN825_WPCI810_6.1.1.exe file you just
saved and follow the on-screen instruction.
3 Restart your PC when Windows prompts you.
If You Need Help
If you need assistance while working with the WN825G, the
WN825GP, the WPCI810G, or the WPCI810GP, call the Motorola
Technical Response Center (TRC):
• Inside the U.S.: 1-877-466-8646
• Motorola Online: www.motorola.com/homenetworking (click
"Support and Downloads")
The TRC is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition,
Motorola Online offers a searchable solutions database, technical
documentation, and low-priority issue creation and tracking.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. Cisco and Cisco LEAP are
registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Wi-Fi and WPA2 are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi
Alliance. Windows, Windows ME and Windows XP are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries All other product or service names are the property of their respective
owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2005. All rights reserved.
No part of the contents of this manual may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the
written permission of the publisher.