Connecting an External Monitor (Optional)
If you want the benefits of a larger display screen with higher
resolution, you can connect an external CRT monitor to your
computer through the optional docking station.
Follow this procedure to connect an external monitor:
1. Make sure the computer is not turned on.
2. Plug the monitor's D-type signal connector to the docking station's
3. Plug one end of the monitor's power cord into the power socket on
the monitor and the other end to an electrical outlet.
4. To use the monitor, turn on the monitor before turning on the
5. The monitor should respond by default. If not, you can switch the
display to the monitor or to both (simultaneous displays) by pressing
. In Windows, you can also change the display through the
settings in Display Properties.
6. You can change display settings through your operating system. See
your operating system documentation or online help for specific
CAUTION: Do not disconnect the external monitor while the computer is in Standby mode
or Suspend mode. If no external monitor is connected when the computer resumes, the
LCD remains blank and the output is not displayed.
Expanding Your Computer