• If your home has specially wired alarm equipment connected to the telephone line,
ensure the installation of this cordless phone does not disable your alarm equipment. If
you have questions about what will disable alarm equipment, consult your telephone
company or a qualified installer.
• Notice must be given to the telephone company upon permanent disconnection of your
telephone from your line.
• The FCC requires that you connect your cordless telephone to the nationwide
telephone network through a modular telephone jack
(USOC RJ11C/RJ11W or RJ14C/RJ14W).
Rights of the Telephone Company
Should your equipment cause trouble on your line which may harm the telephone
network, the telephone company shall, where practicable, notify you that temporary
discontinuance of service may be required. Where prior notice is not practical and the
circumstances warrant such action, the telephone company may temporarily disconnect
service immediately. In case of such temporary discontinuance, the telephone company
• Promptly notify you of such temporary discontinuance;
• Afford you the opportunity to correct the situation;
• Inform you of your right to bring a complaint to the Commission pursuant to procedures
set forth in Subpart E of Part 68, FCC Rules and Regulations.
The telephone company may make changes in its facilities, equipment, operations, or
procedures that could affect the operation of the equipment. If this happens, the