This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits set out in the EMC
Directive using a connection cable shorter
than 3 metres.
• Place the player in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the
• To reduce the risk of fire, do not cover the
ventilation opening of the appliance with
newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
• Do not expose the appliance to naked flame
sources (for example, lighted candles).
• Do not install this player in a confined space,
such as a bookshelf or similar unit.
• Do not place the player outdoors, in
vehicles, on ships, or on other vessels.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold
to a warm location, or is placed in a very
damp room, moisture may condense on the
lenses inside the player. Should this occur,
the player may not operate properly. In this
case, remove the disc and leave the player
turned on for about half an hour until the
• Do not install the player in an inclined
position. It is designed to be operated in a
horizontal position only.
• Do not place metal objects in front of the
front panel. It may limit reception of radio
• Do not place the player in a place where
medical equipment is in use. It may cause a
malfunction of medical instruments.
• If you use a pacemaker or other medical
device, consult your physician or the
manufacturer of your medical device before
using the wireless LAN function.
• This player should be installed and operated
with a minimum distance of at least 20 cm or
more between the player and a person's
body (excluding extremities: hands, wrists,
feet and ankles).
• Do not place heavy or unstable objects on
• Do not place any objects other than discs on
the disc tray. Doing so may cause damage to
the player or the object.
• Take out any discs from the tray when you
move the player. If you don't, the disc may
• Disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead)
and all other cables from the player when
you move the player.
On power sources
• The player is not disconnected from the AC
power source (mains) as long as it is
connected to the wall outlet, even if the
player itself has been turned off.
• Disconnect the player from the wall outlet if
you are not going to use the player for a long
time. To disconnect the AC power cord
(mains lead), grasp the plug itself; never pull
• Observe following points to prevent the AC
power cord (mains lead) being damaged. Do
not use the AC power cord (mains lead) if it
is damaged, as doing so may result in an
electric shock or fire.
– Do not pinch the AC power cord (mains
lead) between the player and wall, shelf,
– Do not put anything heavy on the AC
power cord (mains lead) or pull on the AC
power cord (mains lead) itself.
On AC adaptor
• Use the supplied AC adaptor for this player,
as other adaptors may cause a malfunction.
• Do not disassemble or reverse-engineer.
• Do not confine the AC adaptor in a closed
place such as a bookshelf or an AV cabinet.
• Do not connect the AC adaptor to a
traveler's electric transformer, which may
generate heat and cause a malfunction.
• Do not drop or apply shock.