Customizing Your Phone
The Security menu lets you turn security features
on and off and change passwords:
• Phone Lock — turns on a feature that locks
your phone: Lock Now takes effect immediately;
Auto Lock takes effect when your phone is
powered off and then on. An unlock code is
required to enable this feature, to unlock the
phone, and to set a new unlock code. Contact
your service provider for your default unlock
• Keypad Lock — locks the phone's keypad,
either immediately or automatically after a set
period of inactivity.
• SIM PIN — enables and disables your phone's
SIM PIN security feature. See "Turning the PIN
Requirement On and Off" on page 13.
• GPS PIN — enables and disables your phone's
GPS PIN security feature. See "Setting the GPS
PIN Security Feature" on page 123.
• Change Passwords — changes your phone
unlock code, security code, SIM PIN, and GPS
The Advanced menu contains advanced and rarely
used Settings features.
• Alert Timeout — sets the amount of time a tone
continues to sound when you receive a
message notification, call alert, or Datebook
• Headset/Spkr — sets headset option. See
"Using a Headset" on page 143.
• Disco Lights — sets the lights in the external
display to light up when a musical ring tone
Note: Some musical ring tones you download to
your phone may not activate disco lights.
• Connectivity — Network ID sets the phone's
network IDs and their roaming options under the
direction of your service provider; Master Reset
lets your service provider reset your service in
the event of a security or provisioning problem.
• Reset Defaults — Reset Settings returns all
settings to their original defaults; Reset All
returns all settings to their original defaults and
erases all stored lists. Use only under the
direction of your service provider.
• Return to Home — controls how long the recent
calls list displays after calls.