• No power.
• The Plasma Display cannot be
• Remote control unit does not
• No image and audio is presented.
• No picture.
• Audio is output but no image is
• Images are presented but no audio
• Sound is reversed between the right
• Sound is output from only a single
• Picture is cut off.
• Strange color, light color, dark or
• Power is suddenly turned off.
• Panel sounds/noises.
• Fan speed changes.
Powering off. Internal temperature is too high.
Check temperature around PDP.
Internal protection circuit turns power off.
• Is the power cord disconnected? (See page 19.)
• Has the main power been turned on? (See page 20.)
• Check if you pressed TV
If the indicator on the Plasma Display lights up red, press TV .
• External influences such as lightning, static electricity, etc., may cause improper operation.
In this case, operate the Plasma Display after first turning the power on, or unplugging the power
cord and re-plugging it in after 1 or 2 minutes.
• Is the Mode switch set correctly? Slide it to the TV setting position. (See page 13.)
• Are batteries inserted with polarity (+, –) aligned? (See page 16.)
• Are batteries worn out? (Replace with new batteries.) (See page 16.)
• Operate the remote control unit while pointing it toward the remote control sensor on the Plasma
Display. (See page 17.)
• Are you using it under strong or fluorescent lighting?
• Is a fluorescent light illuminated near the remote control sensor?
• Check if you pressed POWER on the Plasma Display. (See page 20.)
If the indicator on the Plasma Display is lighting up orange, press POWER.
• Check if the input source for video has been unintentionally selected although you want to watch a
TV channel. (See page 21.)
• Check if you have activated the Parental Control function. (See page 29.)
Enter a password to temporarily cancel the Parental Control function. (See page 33)
• Is connection to other components correct? (See pages 41 to 44.)
• Is picture adjustment correct? (See page 37.)
• Check if you have selected "Picture Off " for Energy Save. With this option selected, the screen is
deactivated; only audio is output. To restore the screen display, press any button other than
VOL +/– and MUTING. (See page 39.)
• Check if you have selected the minimum volume. (See page 22.)
• Check if you have muted sound. (See page 22.)
• When using a video input source, check that the audio terminal is also in connection.
(See pages 41 to 44.)
• Check if the speaker cable connections have been reversed between the right and left or if the
speaker cable from either speaker has been disconnected. (See page 12.)
• Has the balance been correctly adjusted? (See page 38.)
• Is the image position correct? (See page 39.)
• Has the correct screen size been selected? (See page 40.)
• Adjust the picture tone. (See page 37.)
• Is the room too bright? The picture may look dark in a room that is too bright.
• Is the sleep timer set? (See page 36.)
• Check the power control setting. (See page 39.)
• The Plasma Display system's internal temperature has increased. Remove any objects blocking vent
or clean. (See page 14.)
• Panel generated sounds, examples: Fan motor noise, Electrical Circuit Humming/Glass Panel buzzing
are normal operation of a phosphor-based matrix display.
• Fan speed changes automatically in accordance with ambient conditions and power status. This is not
a malfunction. (See page 10.)
on the remote control unit. (See page 20.)
Check if the ambient temperature of the Plasma Display is high.
Check the speaker cable connections between the Plasma Display
and the speakers.
05.2.25, 0:04 PM