1. Determine and make all necessary cuts in the wall for the
vent system. Install the vent system before installing the
range hood. See the "Venting Requirements" section.
2. Determine the location where the power supply cable will
be run through the wall. Be sure that the location will be
covered by the chimney of the range hood.
3. Drill a 1
" (3.2 cm) hole at this location.
4. Pull enough power supply cable through the wall to allow
for easy connection to the terminal box.
5. Install the 10" (25.4 cm) square x 10" (25.4 cm) round
transition with damper to the top of range hood using
the 3 - 4.2 x 8 mm screws.
NOTE: Your range hood requires you to purchase either an
internal type or an in-line (external type) blower motor system.
For internal blower systems, there are blower motor mounting
parts in the blower motor installation packet that must be added
to the range hood prior to mounting the range hood to the wall.
See the "Install Range Hood Internal Blower Motor" section and
the instructions supplied with the blower motor.
Install Range Hood
1. Remove the grease filter. See "Range Hood Care" section.
2. Using 2 or more people, hang range hood on 2 mounting
screws through the mounting slots on back of range hood.
A. Mounting screws
B. Mounting slots
3. Level the range hood and tighten upper mounting screws.
4. Install 2 - 5 x 45 mm lower mounting screws and tighten.
A. Lower mounting screws
Install Range Hood Internal Blower Motor
NOTE: Your range hood requires you to purchase an internal
type blower motor system. See "Blower Motor System" in the
Prepare the Internal Blower System
IMPORTANT: Perform steps 1-4 before mounting the
1. Remove grease filters from range hood. See the
"Range Hood Care" section.
2. Install the 6 mm nuts to the outside top of the range hood
at the proper location for the selected motor system.
Two 6 mm nuts are required for the single motor system.
Clip the nuts into the small square notches located at the
left and right sides (centered) of the square to round vent
Five 6 mm nuts are required for the dual motor system.
Clip the nuts into the small square notches, one located
in the front of the square to round vent transition and the
other four located at the left and right ends of the square
to round vent transition.
A. Clip nut (6 mm) locations for dual motor assembly (quantity 5)
B. Clip nut (6 mm) locations for single motor assembly (quantity 2)
3. Disconnect the electrical connector to the heat lamp.