Change box assembly (Step 2)
1. Attach the change gear 1 to the change camshaft.
2. Move the change gear toward the change cam, and secure it with the 2
• Align the screw hole on the change gear with the D-cut face
on the change camshaft.
3. Attach the plain washer (M6), C differential gear 3, and plain washer
(M6) to the differential gear shaft 2, and then attach the retaining ring E4.
4. Attach the differential gear shaft assembly to the change gear box, and then
tighten the screw 2.
• Turn the differential gear shaft to adjust the backlash of the C
5. Apply MOLYKOTE EM-30L to the groove 4 on the change cam.
Start movie clip (CD-ROM version only)
Apply MOLYKOTE EM-30L to the groove on the
3 - 66
Needle bar change unit
Set Screw, Socket (CP)
Set Screw, Socket (FT)
Size of a bean
1.18 – 1.57 N-m
0.78 – 1.18 N-m
Retaining ring E4