17. Turn off the printer, and then turn it on again.
When Using the Tool Box (for IPv4 Mode)
When you use IPv6 Mode for network printing, you cannot use Tool Box to assign an IP address.
1. Click start® All Programs® Dell Printers® Dell 2130cn Color Laser Printer® Tool Box.
The Select Printer dialog box opens.
2. Click the name of this printer listed in Printer Name, and then click OK.
The Tool Box opens.
3. Click the Printer Maintenance tab.
4. Select TCP/IP Settings from the list at the left side of the page.
The TCP/IP Settings page is displayed.
5. Select the mode from IP Address Mode, and then enter the values in IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway Address.
6. Press the Apply New Settings button to take effect.
The IP address is assigned to your printer. To verify the setting, open the web browser on any computer connected to the network and enter the IP address
into the address bar on the browser. If the IP address is set up correctly, the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool displays in your browser.
You can also assign the IP address to the printer when installing the printer drivers with installer. When you use the Network Installation feature, and the
Get IP Address is set to AutoIP on the operator panel menu, you can set the IP address from 0.0.0.0 to the desired IP address on the printer selection
Verify the IP Settings
1. Print another printer settings page.
2. Look under the TCP/IP heading on the printer settings page to ensure that the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway are what you expected.
Ping the printer and verify that it responds. For example, at a command prompt on a network computer, type ping followed by the new IP address (for
If the printer is active on the network, you will receive a reply.
Using the Reset Button
Your printer is supplied with an electric leakage detector, which prevents electric shock or fire due to electric leakage by automatically cutting circuits inside the
When electric leakage is detected, the RESET button is tripped. In this case, press the RESET button to turn the printer back on. If the RESET button trips
again after pressing the RESET button, contact Dell.
Check whether or not the electric leakage detector is functioning at least once a month by following the steps below:
1. Turn on the printer, and then press the TEST button.
If the RESET button is tripped and the printer is turned off, the electric leakage detector functions correctly. Press the RESET button to turn the
Downloaded from ManualsPrinter.com Manuals