On power sources
• AC power cord (mains lead) must be changed only at
the qualified service shop.
• The unit is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall
outlet (mains), even if the unit itself has been turned
• Place the system in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the system.
• At high volume, over long periods of time, the cabinet
becomes hot to the touch. This is not a malfunction.
However, touching the cabinet should be avoided. Do
not place the unit in a confined space where
ventilation is poor as this may cause overheating.
• Do not block the ventilation slots by putting anything
on the system. The system is equipped with a high
power amplifier. If the ventilation slots are blocked,
the unit can overheat and malfunction.
• Do not place the system on a soft surface such as a rug
and do not block the ventilation holes.
• Do not place the system in a location near heat
sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight,
excessive dust, or mechanical shock.
• If the system is brought directly from a cold to a warm
location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture
may condense on the lenses inside the system. Should
this occur, the system may not operate properly. In
this case, remove the disc and leave the system turned
on for about half an hour until the moisture
• When you move the system, take out any disc. If you
don't, the disc may be damaged.
On adjusting volume
• Do not turn up the volume while listening to a section
with very low level inputs or no audio signals. If you
do, the speakers may be damaged when a peak level
section is suddenly played.
• Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do
not use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder or
solvent such as alcohol or benzine.
If you have any questions or problems concerning
your system, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
On cleaning discs, disc/lens
• Do not use a commercially available cleaning disc
or disc/lens cleaner (wet or spray type). These may
cause apparatus to malfunction.
On your TV's color
• If the speakers should cause the TV screen to have
color irregularity, turn off the TV then turn it on after
15 to 30 minutes. If color irregularity should persist,
place the speakers farther away from the set.
Caution: This system is capable of holding a still
video image or on-screen display image on your
television screen indefinitely. If you leave the still
video image or on-screen display image displayed
on your TV for an extended period of time you risk
permanent damage to your television screen.
Projection televisions are especially susceptible to
The nameplate is located on the bottom exterior.
On moving the system
Before moving the system, make sure that there is no
disc inserted, and remove the AC power cord (mains
lead) from the wall outlet (mains).