You can load transparencies only in the multi-purpose tray.
Transparencies have a front and back side. Load transparencies correctly to achieve sharp printing results.
The side facing down is the one printed on.
• You can load only LTR size transparencies.
• When loading transparencies, make sure to hold only the edges of the sheets and avoid touching the print surface.
• Do not load transparencies while the machine is printing. Doing so may cause a paper jam.
• Use only transparencies intended for use with this machine. If you use other transparencies, you may cause damage to the
• It is recommended that output transparencies are immediately removed from the output tray to avoid folding of the
transparencies and paper jams.
• Return the remaining transparencies to their original package for storage, avoiding locations subject to high temperatures and
humidity. Leaving transparencies loaded for an extended period of time may cause the sheets to stick together and result in a
• Leaving transparencies loaded for an extended period of time may cause the sheets to stick together and result in diffi culties
feeding the transparencies. In this case, fan the loaded transparency sheets, or if you have loaded 50 or more sheets, reduce the
number of sheets to less than 50 or use new transparencies.
• When printing on transparencies, depending on the type of image, the image may become dense. When this happens, adjust
the density for the output image.
If a paper jam occurs, fan the loaded transparency sheets well.
Loading Paper into the Paper Deck Unit-B2 (Optional)
If there is no paper in the Paper Deck Unit-B2 when you select it, or the Paper Deck Unit-B2 runs out of paper during printing, a
screen prompting you to load paper appears on the touch panel display.
Follow the procedure below to load paper into the Paper Deck Unit-B2.
When handling paper, take care not to cut your hands on the edges of the paper.
The Paper Deck Unit-B2 can only accommodate paper from 16 to 34 lb bond (60 g/m
purpose tray to load paper that is heavier.
• Paper Deck Unit-B2 is an optional product.
• Only load LTR paper into the Paper Deck Unit-B2.
• If a message prompting you to load paper appears during printing, the remaining prints are automatically made after you load
the correct paper. If you select a diff erent paper source, the remaining prints are made after you press [OK].
to 128 g/m
) in weight. Use the multi-