The system will attempt to play any data with the extensions above, even if it is not in MP3/WMA/
AAC/JPEG/DivX/MPEG4 format. Playing this data may generate a loud noise which could damage
your speaker system.
• The following can increase the time it takes to start playback:
– when a DATA CD/DATA DVD/USB device is recorded with a complicated tree structure.
– when the audio files, JPEG image files, or video files in another folder have just been played.
• Some files on DATA CDs/DATA DVDs/USB devices cannot be played by the system depending on
the file format.
• The system can play to a depth of 8 folders only.
• The system may not be able to play an audio file, JPEG image file, or video file depending on the file
• Files recorded by a device such as a computer may not be played in the order in which they were
• Folders that have no audio files, JPEG image files, or video files are skipped.
• Compatibility with all MP3/WMA/AAC encoding/writing software, recording devices, and
recording media cannot be guaranteed.
• Compatibility with all MPEG4 video encoding/writing software, recording devices, and recording
media cannot be guaranteed.
• The playback order may not be applicable depending on the software used for creating the audio file,
JPEG image file, or video file, or if there are more than 200 folders or 150 files in each folder.
About DivX video files
is a video file compression technology, developed by DivX, Inc. This product is an official
• You can play a DATA CD/DATA DVD/USB device that contains DivX
• The system may not play a DivX video file when the file has been combined from two or more DivX video files.
• The system cannot play a DivX video file larger than 720 (width) × 576 (height) or 4GB.
• Depending on the DivX video file, sound may skip or not match the pictures on the TV screen.
• The system cannot play some DivX video files that are longer than 3 hours.
• Depending on the DivX video file, the picture may pause or be unclear, in which case it is recommended that you
create the file at a lower bit rate. If the sound is noisy, MP3 is the recommended audio format.
• Because of the compression technology used for DivX video files, it may take some time after you press N for
the picture to appear.
Notes about USB devices
• This system supports Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices.
• This system is not guaranteed to operate with all USB devices or memories.
• Although there are variety of complex functions for USB devices, the playable contents of USB
devices connected to the system are music, photo, and video contents only. For details, refer to the
operating instructions of the USB device.
• When a USB device is inserted, the system reads all the files on the USB device. If there are many
folders or files on the USB device, it may take a long time to finish reading the USB device.
• Do not connect the system and the USB device through a USB hub.
• With some connected USB devices, there may be a delay before an operation is performed by this