6 - First things first
If you need to power down the computer for a short while, but don't
want to completely shut it down, you can put it to Sleep by doing any
of the following:
• Press the power button.
• Press the sleep hotkey <cross-ref to keyboard section>.
• Press the Windows key or select the Windows Start button, select
Power > Sleep.
• Right-click the Windows Start button > Shut down or sign out >
If you cannot power off the computer normally, press and hold the power
button for more than four seconds to shut down the computer. If you turn off
the computer and want to turn it on again, wait at least two seconds before
Taking care of your computer
Your computer will serve you well if you take care of it.
• Do not expose the computer to direct sunlight. Do not place it near
sources of heat, such as a radiator.
• Do not expose the computer to temperatures below 0º C (32º F) or
above 50º C (122º F).
• Do not subject the computer to magnetic fields.
• Do not expose the computer to rain or moisture.
• Do not spill water or any liquid on the computer.
• Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
• Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
• Never place objects on top of the computer.
• Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
• Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
Taking care of your AC adapter
Here are some ways to take care of your AC adapter:
• Do not connect the adapter to any other device.