Controls and Functions
(CONNECTS TO HOST VEHICLE)
1. Insert the Black 12 Volt DC Accessory Plug into the 12 volt DC accessory outlet of the working car. Rotate the
plug slightly to make sure there is good contact. The Power LED will light orange.
Note: Some vehicles require that the ignition key be turned to the Accessory position to activate the 12 volt
DC accessory outlet; if the Power LED doesn't come on, turn the ignition key to the Accessory position
or check for proper contact of the plug.
Note: Place the working vehicle in "park" and set the emergency brake. Start the car to aid the boosting
2. Insert the Orange 12 Volt DC Accessory Plug into the 12 volt DC accessory outlet of the car to be boosted.
Note: Turn OFF vehicle ignition and all accessories (radio, A/C, lights, connected cell phone chargers, etc.).
Place vehicle in "park" and set the emergency brake.
3. Rotate the plug slightly to make sure there is good contact. The Charging LED will light orange, indicating the
charging process has begun.
Note: Some vehicle require that the ignition key has to be on the Accessory position to activate the DC acces-
sory outlet; if Charging LED doesn't come on, turn the ignition key to the Accessory position or check
4. Charging time depends on the battery condition. It is at least 20 minutes, and when the battery voltage
reaches a specified level both the Power and Charging LED's will light GREEN indicating the car is now ready
to be started. This should not be more than 30 minutes.
5. IMPORTANT: Disconnect the Orange Plug, then turn the ignition of the vehicle being charged and crank the
engine in 5-6 second bursts until engine starts
6. If vehicle doesn't start after the first attempt; recharge for an additional 5-10 minutes.
7. Repeat step 5.
8. If the second attempt doesn't start the car, please discontinue usage and call the service center. The battery
may be damaged.
9. Unplug the 12 Volt DC Accessory Plugs from both cars when the process is completed.
• This battery booster is designed to be used only on vehicles with a 12 volt DC battery system. DO NOT connect to
a 6 volt or 24 volt battery system.
• NEVER submerge this unit in water; DO NOT expose it to rain, snow or use when wet.
• Replace worn or defective parts immediately — contact the Service Center nearest you.
CAUTIONS: RISK OF PROPERTY DAMAGE
• DO NOT leave unit unattended while recharging.
• Do not leave the unit's 12 Volt DC Accessory Plugs connected for more than 40 minutes at a time.
• Vehicles that have on-board computerized systems may be damaged if vehicle battery is boosted. Before boost-
ing this type of vehicle, read the vehicle manual to confirm that external-starting assistance is advised.
• Excessive engine cranking can damage the vehicle's starter motor. If the engine fails to start after the two attempts,
discontinue boosting procedure and contact a qualified technician to investigate why the engine did not start.
(CONNECTS TO VEHICLE
TO BE CHARGED)