IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: BURST HAZARD: Do not use the unit for charging dry-cell batteries that are commonly used with
home appliances. These batteries may burst and cause injury to persons and damage property. Use the unit for
charging/boosting a LEAD-ACID battery only. It is not intended to supply power to a low-voltage electrical sys-
tem other than in a starter-motor application.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• Do not operate unit with damaged cord or plug; or if the unit has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or other-
wise damaged in any way. Do not disassemble the unit; take it to a qualified service technician when service or
repair is required.
• NEVER submerge this unit in water; do not expose it to rain, snow or use when wet.
• Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over or otherwise subjected to damage or
• Do not leave the unit unattended while attempting to boost a vehicle.
• THIS UNIT IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN AND SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS.
• Pull cord by plug rather than cord when disconnecting the unit.
• NEVER ATTEMPT TO BOOST OR CHARGE A FROZEN BATTERY.
• Vehicles that have on-board computerized systems may be damaged if vehicle battery is boosted. Before boost-
ing, read the vehicle's owner's manual to confirm that external-starting assistance is suitable.
• Do not use any accessory that is not recommended or provided by the manufacturer.
• This system is designed to be used only on vehicles with a 12 volt DC battery system. Do not connect to a 6 volt
or 24 volt battery system.
• Excessive engine cranking can damage a vehicle's starter motor. If the engine fails to start after the recom-
mended number of attempts, discontinue boosting procedures and contact a qualified technician to investigate
why the engine did not start.
• Do not use this battery booster on a watercraft. It is not qualified for marine applications.
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SIMPLE START
VEHICLE BATTERY BOOSTER MODEL BBC2CB.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY:
• Follow these instructions and those published by the battery manufacturer and manufacturer of any equipment
you intend to use with this unit. Review cautionary markings on these products and on engine.
Thank you for choosing the Black and Decker
booster is an innovative product that replaces the use of inconvenient booster cables to jump-start a car. All you
need to do is to insert one end of the cable to the cigarette lighter socket of a working car, and the other end to
the car that needs to be boosted.
• Vehicle-to-vehicle boosting without the trouble of traditional cables
• Compact and convenient
• LED status indicators
• Built-in Storage Cylinder
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Vehicle-To-Vehicle Battery Booster. This car to car