GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may
result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS: Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use appliances in
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept at a distance from work area.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry, and high or
locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• DON'T FORCE APPLIANCE. It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the rate for which
it was designed.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DRESS PROPERLY. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving parts. Rubber gloves
and substantial, non-skid footwear are recommended when working outdoors. Wear protective hair covering to
contain long hair.
• USE SAFETY GLASSES AND OTHER SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Use safety goggles or safety glasses with side
shields, complying with applicable safety standards and, when needed, a face shield. Also use face or dust mask
if operation is dusty. This applies to all persons in the work area. Also use a hard hat, hearing protection, gloves,
safety shoes and dust collection systems when specified or required. Safety glasses or the like are available at
extra cost at your local dealer or Black & Decker Service Center.
• DON'T ABUSE CORD. Never carry appliance by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord from
heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DISCONNECT APPLIANCES. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use, before servicing,
and when changing accessories such as blades and the like.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Don't carry plugged-in appliance with finger on switch. Be sure switch is off
when plugging in.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or attachment not recommended for use
with this appliance could be hazardous.
Note: Refer to the accessory section of this manual for further details.
• STAY ALERT. Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate tool when you are tired.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the tool, a guard or other part that is damaged should be care-
fully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for alignment of
moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other conditions that may affect its
operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an authorized serv-
ice center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual. Have defective switches replaced by
authorized service center. Do not use tool if switch does not turn it on and off.
• DO NOT OPERATE portable electric tools near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
in these tools normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to re-
duce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or equipment could result in seri-
ous injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools and equipment are designed. Black &
Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for any application other than for which it was
designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating instructions before using any tool or equipment.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS