POStrtvE GRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) SYSTEM
posrilvE GRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCU SYSTEM
The PCV valve is operated by the intake manifold vacuum.
When the engine is running at idle, the PCV valve is opened slightly and a small amount of blowby gas
is drawn into the intake manifold to be burned.
Asthe enginespeed risesthe PCV valve is opened further, allowing a proportionately
by gas to be drawn into the intake manifold.
1. Warm up the engine to normal operatlng lemperature and
run it at idle.
2. Disconnect the PCV valve andthe ventilation hose from the
cylinder head cover.
3. Block the PCV valve opening.
4. Verify that vacuum is telt.
5. Remove the PCV valve.
6. Blow through the valve from port @ and verify that airflows
lrom ot gort 6).
7. Blow thrbughl-he valve flom port @ and verity that no air-
flows kom of port @.
8. Reolace the PCV valve if not as specified.