Configure authentication settings
A wireless network can be added either when the network is detected, or
manually by entering settings information. To determine if authentication
information is needed, see your network administrator.
To configure authentication settings:
1. To manually enter information, tap
> Connections > Network Card > Wireless tab.
2. Tap Add new. If the network was detected, step one and two are not
3. To use data encryption, tap Data encryption (WEP enabled).
4. To use Shared Key authentication, tap Network Authentication
(shared mode). You need a network key.
5. To automatically use a network key, tap The key is provided for me
automatically. Otherwise, enter the network key.
6. For increased security, select Use IEEE 802.1x network access
control, then select the appropriate EAP type.
Change connection settings name
Your mobile device is already set up with two sets of connection settings:
My ISP and My Work Network. You can change the name of these
settings to something more familiar. For example, if you put all of your
corporate settings under My Work Network, you can change the name
from My Work Network to your company name.
To change a connection name:
> Settings > Connections tab > Connections.
2. Under My ISP or My Work Network, tap Manage existing
3. Tap the General tab.
4. Enter a name for the settings.
> Settings > Connections tab