Setting up your projector (continued)
Adjusting the position of the projected image
To adjust the position of the projected image on the screen, use the LENS SHIFT dial.
1. Rotate the LENS SHIFT dial inside the top cover of the projector to adjust the image position.
• Rotating the dial clockwise (or counterclockwise for a ceiling-mount projector) moves the image up.
• Rotating the dial counterclockwise (or clockwise for a ceiling-mount projector) moves the image down.
• Be careful not to be caught in the opening in the lens while the lens is moving.
• While the lens shift is working, the screen may flicker.
• Projected images may become distorted, have decreased resolution, or have shadows at their corners if they are
positioned close to the top (or bottom in the case of a ceiling-mount projector).
Correcting skewed or distorted image
For the best projection, project images on a flat screen installed at 90 degrees
to the floor. If necessary, tilt the projector using the two adjustment feet on the
bottom of the projector.
1. Tilt up the projector to the appropriate angle.
2. Rotate the adjustment feet for fine adjustment.
• Don't transport the projector with its adjustment feet extended. Otherwise the
adjustment feet may be damaged.
When fine streaks are seen on projected images
This is due to interference with the screen surface and is not a malfunction. Replace the screen or displace the focus
a little. (See page 18 or 23 for focus adjustment.)
When projected images are distorted to a trapezoid
When the screen and the projector are not placed perpendicularly to each other, projected images become
trapezoidal. If you cannot make the projector and the screen perpendicular to each other by mechanical adjustments,
With the INSTALLATION menu:
(See page 29 for menu setting.)
1. Display the INSTALLATION menu.
2. Select KEYSTONE by pressing the p or q button.
3. Equalize the widths at the top and bottom of the screen by pressing the t or
u button, viewing the screen.
To cancel the menu:
4. Press the MENU button several times.
• In the keystone adjustment, you can obtain an optimum result when the LENS SHIFT dial is at the center position.
• When the keystone adjustment is carried out, the adjustment value is indicated. Note that this value doesn't mean
a projection angle.
• When the keystone adjustment takes effect, the resolution decreases. In addition, stripes may appear or straight
lines may bend in images with complicated patterns. They are not due to product malfunctions.
• When the keystone adjustment is carried out, the image may not be displayed correctly because of the type of
• When the keystone adjustment is performed, the displayed image may be distorted.
• Depending on the installation conditions of the projector and the screen, a perfect rectangular image and the
proper aspect ratio may not be obtained.
• While a 3D image is displayed, the keystone adjustment is unavailable.
Press the t
Press the u