CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS
Controls and functions
■ Front panel (pages 6 to 9)
1 STANDBY/ON, OFF switch
Turns on or off this unit.
STANDBY/ON (upper position): In this position,
you can select STANDBY or ON,
using the p AMP key on the remote control.
OFF (lower position): The power of this unit is
• When you turn on this unit, it will take a few seconds
before this unit can reproduce sound.
• If you disconnect the power cable from the AC outlet and
connect it again when this unit is in STANDBY mode, the
power of the unit is turned on. If the unit is not to be
operated for a long time, set the STANDBY/ON, OFF
switch to OFF.
2 STANDBY/ON indicator
Lit brightly: Shows that the power of the unit is ON.
In this condition, you can switch the unit to
STANDBY mode by pressing the p AMP key on
the remote control.
Lit dimly: Shows that the unit is in STANDBY mode.
In this condition, you can switch the unit on by
pressing the p AMP key on the remote control.
Off: Shows that the power of the unit is OFF. In this
condition, you can turn the power on only by
pressing the STANDBY/ON, OFF switch on the
3 PHONES jack
Outputs audio for private listening with headphones.
• When headphones are plugged in:
– Both speaker sets connected to the SPEAKERS L/R CH
terminals are turned off.
– No signals are output at the PRE OUT jacks.
– You cannot select MAIN DIRECT as the input source.
• If headphones are plugged into the PHONES jack while
MAIN DIRECT is selected as the input source, no audio is
output at the PHONES jack.