Channel Job About mute groups
About mute groups
The RIVAGE PM10 system features twelve mute groups. It includes the following features:
• Mute groups 1–12 can be used for all input channels and all output channels.
• Both input channels and output channels can be assigned to the same group at the same time.
• You can temporarily defeat the muted state of an individual channel.
• You can also assign the Mute Master function to a USER DEFINED key.
• Although a mute group can be completely muted, using the Dimmer function enables you to
adjust attenuation for the mute group.
• The Mute Safe function enables you to exclude (safely) certain channels from mute group
• You can change the name of the mute group master.
Assigning channels to mute groups
As with the DCAs, you can assign channels to mute groups in the following ways.
• You can select a specific mute group first and then specify the channels to be assigned to the
• You can select a specific channel and then specify the mute group to which it should be assigned.
■ Selecting the channels that will belong to a specific mute group
Press the CH JOB button on the menu bar, and then select MUTE ASSIGN.
The DCA/MUTE ASSIGN window (ALL MUTE tab) opens.
DCA/MUTE ASSIGN window (ALL MUTE)
MUTE group and MUTE SAFE buttons
Enable you to select a mute group or Mute Safe to which you want to assign channels.
NAME EDIT button
Press this button to access a keyboard window, in which you can enter the mute group name.
Mute group assign field
This area displays the channels assigned to the currently-selected mute group.
While this window is displayed, press the [SEL] key for the channel that you want to assign to
the mute group. The channel will be assigned to the mute group, and the on-screen fader for
that channel will turn red. Press the same [SEL] key once again if you want to remove the
channel from the group.
If you select the MUTE SAFE button, this field will display the channels that are in Mute Safe
status (that is, excluded from the mute groups). The procedure for enabling or cancelling Mute
Safe for channels is the same as when assigning or removing channels to or from a mute group.
MUTE GROUP MASTER button
Switches mute on or off for the corresponding mute group.
RIVAGE PM10 Operation Manual