When selecting a location for the printer, check the following guidelines:
• Make sure the location is ﬂat and sturdy.
• When power is on (printer plugged into an AC outlet):
• Make sure the surrounding area is well ventilated.
• The printer must not be in a direct draft.
Avoid placing the printer in the following
• Under direct sunlight, near heaters,
Strong light entering the printer unit causes the internal cartridge drum
surface to deteriorate and degrades the printing.
• Near magnets or equipment that generates magnetic ﬁelds.
• Near areas subject to vibration.
• In dusty places or places where the air contains high concentrations
• Near water pipes and refrigerators.
If humidity is less than 30%, use a humidiﬁer or an anti-static mat to
prevent buildup of electrostatic charges.
If the room temperature rises abruptly, or the printer is moved from a cool
and dry place to a warm and humid place, condensation may form inside
the printer and cause problems with paper delivery or a deterioration in
print quality and, in some cases, result in printer error. To prevent this,
allow the printer to sit for an hour or more to adjust to the new
Temperature: 10˚C-32.5˚C (50˚F-90.5˚F)
Relative humidity: 20-80% RH with no condensation
air conditioners, or open ﬂames.
of salt or corrosive gases.