5-10. Adjusting the right/left position of the needle bar
With the change lever in the center position so that the zigzag width is zero, adjust so that the needle is in the center of
the needle plate hole.
1. Remove the head cover while making this adjustment. Set the zigzag width lever q to the "0" position.
2. Loosen the screw w and move the needle bar bracket assembly e to the left or right to adjust.
Turn the machine pulley and check that the needle moves down into the center of the needle plate hole.
3. Securely tighten the screw w.
5-11. Adjusting the forward/back position of the zigzag regulator
Adjust so that the needle bar rocking lever q and the zig-
zag adjuster w move easily.
1. Remove the head cover, the oil guard and the decora-
2. Loosen the set screw e and turn the eccentric position-
tive plate, while making this adjustment.
ing shaft r to adjust.
Adjust the clearances at the needle bar rocking lever
q and the shaft of the zigzag adjuster w so that they
are as close as possible to being equal.