Your Black & Decker iron has been designed
to remove creases from fabrics using heat &
steam and is not to be used for any other
This appliance is intended for use in
household and similar applications such as:
sta kitchen areas in shops, o ces and
other working environments; farm houses;
by clients in hotels, motels and other
residential type environments;
bed and breakfast type environments. This
product is not intended for regular use
Read this entire manual carefully
before using the appliance.
Denotes the risk of electric shock.
Warning! When using mains-powered
appliances, basic safety precautions,
including the following, should always be
followed to reduce the risk of ﬁre, electric
shock, personal injury and material damage.
• The intended use is described in this
manual. The use of any accessory or
attachment or the performance of any
operation with this appliance other than
those recommended in this instruction
manual may present a risk of personal
• Retain this manual for future reference.
• Always route the cord carefully to avoid
a tripping hazard.
• Never operate an appliance directly
below the socket-outlet it is connected
Using your appliance
• Always take care when using the
• Do not use the appliance outdoors.
• Do not operate the appliance if your
hands are wet. Do not operate the
appliance if you are barefoot.
• Guide the power supply cord neatly so it
does not hang over the edge of a
worktop and cannot be caught
accidentally or tripped over.
• Never pull the power supply cord to
disconnect the plug from the socket.
Keep the power supply cord away from
heat, oil and sharp edges.
• If the power supply cord is damaged
during use, disconnect the appliance from
the power supply immediately. Do not
touch the power supply cord before
disconnecting from the power supply.
• Disconnect the appliance from the power
supply when not in use and before
Safety of others
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.