CAUTIONS AGAINST HIGH VOLTAGE
Radio and radar devices are operated by high voltages of anywhere from a few hundred volts up to many
hundreds of thousands of volts. Although there is no danger with normal use, it is very dangerous if contact is
made with the internal parts of these devices. (Only specialists should attempt any maintenance, checking or
There is a very high risk of death by even a few thousand volts, in some cases you can be fatally electrocuted
by just a few hundred volts. To prevent accidents, you should avoid contact with the internal parts of these
devices at all costs. If contact is inevitable as in the case of an emergency, you must switch off the devices and
ground a terminal in order to discharge the capacitors. After making certain that all the electricity is discharged,
only then can you insert your hand into the device. Wearing cotton gloves and putting your left hand in your
pocket, in order not to use both hands simultaneously, are also very good methods of shock prevention.
Quite often, an injury occurs by secondary factors, therefore it is necessary to choose a sturdy and level
working surface. If someone is electrocuted it is necessary to thoroughly disinfect the affected area and seek
medical attention as soon as possible.
Cautions concerning treatment of
When you find an electrocution victim, you must first switch off the machinery and ground all circuits. If you are
unable to cut off the machinery, move the victim away from it using a non-conductive material such as dry
boards or clothing.
When someone is electrocuted, and the electrical current reaches the breathing synapses of the central
nervous system inside the brain, breathing stops. If the victim's condition is stable, he or she can be
administered artificial respiration. An electrocution victim becomes very pale, and their pulse can be very weak
or even stop, consequently losing consciousness and becoming stiff.
Administration of first aid is critical in this situation.