Select a work channel and press
• Example: To select CH26 for WORK CH
• The work channel is selected and TELEPHONE
NO. is highlighted.
• The work channel designation by the ship
station may not be required for some costal
A channel different from that requested by the
ship station may be assigned by a costal
• The WORK CH can be set to any of the
following: CH01 – CH28, CH60 – CH88 except
CH16, CH70, CH75, and CH76.
• When making a G3E DUP TEL call, selecting an
improper channel for duplex communication
results in an error. An error message appears,
an alarm sounds, and the display prompts work
channel entry again.
• For further information on simplex/duplex mode
and channel matching, refer to 8.2 Channel
With simplex channels, the transmission
frequency and receiving frequency are the
However, with duplex channels, each frequency
• The default setting of WORK CH is NONE.
The TELEPHONE NO. window opens.
• Up to eight telephone numbers (each up to 16
digits) can be saved in this window.
• Refer to "4.3.16 Storing a Telephone Number"
for information on registering telephone num-
4.3 Communicating in DSC (Digital Selective Call) Mode
--AUTO/SEMI-AUTO TEL CALL EDIT--
:G3E DUP TEL
END OF SEQUENCE:ACK RQ
, INPUT NO., &
-AUTO/SEMI-AUTO TEL CALL EDIT--
END OF SEQUENCE
, & PRESS ENTER .