Care & Cleaning
Cleaning the Automatic
Dispenser and Compartment
The Automatic Dispenser may need to be cleaned
periodically due to laundry additive buildup.
1. Press the release lever on the inside of the
dispenser and pull out.
2. Remove the cups from the fabric softener and
3. Wash all of the parts under running water.
4. Clean the dispenser recess with a soft brush.
5. Reinsert the cups, pushing them firmly into place.
6. Push the dispenser back into place.
7. Run a Rinse & Spin cycle without any load in the
What can & cannot b
oper ati ng tips
t a glance
Dry er Exhaust tips
Storing the Clothes Washer
Washers can be damaged if water is not removed from
hoses and internal components before storage.
Prepare the washer for storage as follows:
• Select the Quick Wash cycle and add bleach to the
automatic dispenser. Run the washer through the
cycle without a load.
• Turn the water faucets off and disconnect the inlet
• Disconnect the clothes washer from the electrical
supply and leave the washer door open to let air
circulate inside the tumbler.
• If the washer has been stored in below-freezing
temperatures, allow time for any water left over in
the washer to thaw out prior to use.
For information on long-term storage or storage of your
washer during extreme cold temperatures,
call Maytag Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-688-9900
USA or 1-800-688-2002 Canada.
U.S. customers using TTY for deaf, hearing impaired or
speech impaired, call 1-800-688-2080.