POWER AMPLIFIER: INSTRUCTIONS
AMPLIFICADOR DE POTENCIA: MANUAL DE INSTRUCCIONES
© 2009 Victor Company of Japan, Limited
When making the terminal connections...
Peel the insulating vinyl cover of a cord 7 mm (
inch) to 10 mm
inch) long and expose the inside conductor.
Loosen the hex screw in a terminal with a provided hex wrench
and insert the conductor into the terminal. Then fix the hex screw
again to secure the conductor.
• The exposed conductor should be 7 mm (
inch) to 10 mm (
Thank you for purchasing a JVC product. Please read all instructions carefully before operation,
– If shorter, it may cause a poor conductivity.
to ensure your complete understanding and to obtain the best possible performance from the
– If longer, it may cause a short circuit.
• Use a proper hex wrench for each terminal.
– 4 mm: +B terminal and GND terminal
This unit is designed to be connected to subwoofers.
– 3 mm: REM terminal and speaker terminals
• Do not raise the volume level too much, as this will block outside sounds, making driving
• Stop the car before performing any complicated operations.
CAUTIONS AND NOTES
This unit is designed to operate on 12 V DC, NEGATIVE ground electrical systems.
• This unit uses BTL (Balanced Transformerless) amplifier circuitry, i.e., floating ground system,
* Not included with this
so please comply with the following:
Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to each other.
Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to the metal body or chassis.
• Cover the unused terminals with insulating tape to prevent them from short circuiting.
To metallic body or chassis
• When an extension lead is used, it should be as thick and short as possible; connect it firmly
with insulating tape.
(To an accessory terminal)
• Be sure to leave an appropriate space between the antenna and the wires of this unit.
120 A Fuse
• When replacing the fuse, only use a 30 A fuse.
Remote turn-on line
• Do not let pebbles, sand or metallic objects get inside the unit.
• To keep the heat dissipation mechanism running effectively, wipe the accumulated dust off
JVC car receiver, etc.
• Listening to the tape, radio, CD or Digital Audio Player, etc. with the volume set at a high level
for a long period of time will exhaust the battery, while the engine is turned off or while the
engine is idling.
• This unit becomes very hot. Be careful not to touch the unit not only when using but for a while
To prevent short circuits while making connections, keep the battery's negative terminal
DO NOT disassemble the units since there are no user serviceable parts inside.
• When using a power cord (purchased separately), be sure to place the 120 A fuse near the
battery as shown.
For Customer Use:
• Connect the lead wire (power cord) through which power is supplied directly to the battery's
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No. which are located on the top or bottom of the cabinet.
"ª" terminal only after all the other connections have been made.
Retain this information for future reference.
The proper lead wire connected to each POWER terminal is as follows.
• + B and GND: AWG 4 (The cross section is about 21 mm
• REM: AWG 18 to AWG 8 (The cross section is about 0.8 mm
to 8 mm
• If you have any questions regarding the thickness of the power cord, etc., consult your nearest
JVC car audio dealer.
a When you use JVC car receiver with a remote lead, connect to the REM terminal on this
The following illustration shows a typical installation. However, you should make adjustments
corresponding to your specific car. If you have any questions or require information regarding
b When you connect a unit without a remote lead, connect to the accessory circuit of the car
installation kits, consult your JVC car audio dealer or a company supplying the kits.
which is activated by the ignition switch. In this case, noise may occur when the car receiver
A Mount this unit on a firm surface, such as in the trunk room or under the front seat.
is turned on or off. To avoid this noise, do not turn on or off the car receiver itself. You can turn
• Since heat is generated in the unit, do not mount it near inflammable objects. In addition,
on or off the car receiver along with the on/off operation of the ignition switch.
mount it in an area that will not prevent the unit from dissipating the heat.
If the POWER/PROTECTOR lamp lights in red, it indicates incorrect speaker wiring or
• Do not mount the unit in the places subject to heat: near a radiator, in a glove compartment
connections (see "TROUBLESHOOTING" on page 3). Make sure to correct speaker wiring and
or in insulated areas such as under a car mat that will prevent the unit from dissipating heat.
• When mounting the unit under the front seat, make sure that adjusting the seat position will
not catch any wire of the unit.
B When mounting this unit, be sure to use the provided screws. If any other screws are used,
the unit may not be fixed firmly or parts inside the unit may be damaged.
Make sure to comply with the following notes:
• Before drilling holes in the trunk to install the unit, make sure that sufficient space exists
• Be sure not to connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to a common point.
under the trunk so that you do not drill holes in the fuel tank, etc.
• If the ground wire is common to both left/right and front/rear speaker wirings, this unit cannot be
• To detach and rotate the Logo Plate, use the provided hex wrench (2.5 mm).
used. Always use the independent lead wires for the speakers to be used. In this case, redo the
C When you use more than one KS-AR9000 series amplifier, you can pile them up to three with
provided brackets, screws and washers in two ways, X or Y. Be sure to mount the lowest
• Use the speakers with an impedance of 1 Ω to 8 Ω (2 Ω to 8 Ω when used in External Bridge
amplifier (1) primarily following B.
• Before piling amplifiers, attach the provided spacers to the "+" marks on the bottom of the
• Use the speakers which have sufficient capacity to the unit.
amplifiers 2 and 3.
The proper lead wire connected to each SPEAKER OUTPUT terminal is as follows.
• Before piling amplifiers as X, first make the connections for the power supply (see "POWER
AWG 18 to AWG 8 (The cross section is about 0.8 mm
to 8 mm
SUPPLY") and speakers (see "SPEAKER CONNECTIONS" on page 2).
Screw—Dia. 4 mm (
20 mm (
Onto the trunk room floor
Under the front seat