TZ-3 TOTALZONE® ZONE CONTROL PANEL
Equipment Damage Hazard.
Do not mount TZ-3 inside HVAC equipment
Mount only on wall or on cold air return
1. Mount the thermostats in each zone of the living space
using the installation instructions provided with each
2. Mount the dampers in the ductwork using the installa-
tion instructions provided with each damper.
3. Mount the TZ-3 zone panel near the HVAC equipment;
locate it on a wall or on the cold-air return. See Fig. 2.
4. Level the TZ-3 for appearance only.
Can cause electrical shock or equipment damage.
Disconnect power before continuing installation.
Wiring must comply with applicable codes, ordinances, and
1. Connect thermostats as shown in Fig. 3-5.
2. Connect dampers as shown in Fig. 6-10.
3. Connect the Discharge Air Temperature Sensor (not
supplied) to the TL terminals.The wires are not polar-
ized. See Fig.12.
4. Connect Add-A-Zone panels (if used) to the AZ1 and
AZ2 terminals. The AZ1 terminal on the TZ-3 must be
wired to the AZ1 terminal on the TAZ panel. Similarly,
the AZ2 terminal must be wired on the TZ-3 to the AZ2
on the TAZ. See Fig. 13.
5. Connect the HVAC equipment to the EQUIP terminals
on the panel. See Fig. 14-17.
6. Connect a 40 VA, 24 volt transformer to TR1 (hot) and
TR2 (common). This must be a dedicated transformer
and any additional TAZ boards also each require a
transformer. See Fig. 11.
Fig. 2. TZ-3 mounting location.
Wiring Diagrams (Fig. 3-17)
The C (common) terminal is used only on thermostats that
require a common (for example:T8601). See Fig. 3. Wire the
W2 terminal on a multi-stage thermostat (for example: T8624)
to the W2 on the panel for second stage control from the
thermostat. If the thermostat has a Y2 terminal, do not
connect it to the panel.
Fig. 3. Typical single-stage thermostat wiring.
Heat Pump Thermostats
Select a heat pump thermostat from Table 1. If the thermostat
selected has a separate Y1 and W1, see Fig. 4. When using
the thermostat to control the second stage of heat (W2), set
DIP switch 5 to On, and DIP switch 1 to Off. Set both DIP
switches 6 and 7 to Off.
ZONE CONNECTIONS ON PANEL