Please read these instructions carefully and keep them for future reference.
1- STEAM IRONING
- While ironing, press a few times in succession on the Spray
button to dampen the fabric (H) and iron out obstinate
Filling the water tank
Auto-Stop safety warning light
(depending on model)
For more steam (shot of steam button)
- Press the Shot of Steam button from time to time (I)
(depending on model)
- Wait a few seconds between each shot before pressing
- Unplug your iron before filling it.
the button again.
- Set the steam control to DRY (A) .
Extra-large heel with
- Take the iron in one hand and tilt it slightly, soleplate downwards (D).
Shot of Steam Button
- To open the water tank stopper, turn it anticlockwise until the arrow on the stopper
points to the "open padlock" symbol (B). It will lift automatically.
Vertical steam ironing
- Fill the tank up to the "MAX" line (D).
Anti-calc valve release
- Re-close the tank stopper (C).To close the stopper, align the arrow with the "open padlock"
- Ideal for removing creases from suits, jackets, skirts, hanging curtains etc
symbol then turn it clockwise until the arrow is aligned with the "closed padlock" symbol.
- Hang the garment on a hanger and hold the fabric slightly taut with one hand.
- You can now plug in your iron.
The steam is very hot, so you should always do this with the garment on a hanger –
never while someone is wearing it.
- Set the iron to program 8 (J).
Choose your ironing programme
- Hold the iron a few centimetres from the fabric to avoid burning delicate fabrics.
Your iron has 8 ironing programmes:
- Press the Shot of Steam button (
) repeatedly (K), moving the iron from top to bot-
tom. (See illustration) (L).
• For each program corresponding to a type of textile to be ironed, your iron automati-
cally and precisely determines the most suitable temperature and steam flow to guarantee
Integral anti-scale system
You iron is equipped with an integral anti-scale system (M).
- This system will help to provide :
Warning ! Remove any labels from the soleplate
• a better ironing quality with a constant flow of steam,
before heating up the iron (depending on model).
• a longer life for your iron.
Before using your iron with the steam function for the first time, we recom-
mend that you operate it in a horizontal position for a few moments, away
from your linen, i.e. press the Shot of Steam button a few times.
- The principle of automatic selection of the steam according to the fabric selected,
• To select the appropriate ironing program, use the program selector beneath the grip (E).
reduces the steam flow at lower temperatures and avoids water dripping from your iron
- Pressing on the left side
: selects the programs requiring low temperature and steam
During the first few uses, a harmless odour and smoke may be given off.
onto the fabric.
levels. Beyond program 1, pressing the program selector has no effect.
This has no effect on the use of the iron and will disappear quickly.
- Pressing on the right side
: selects the programs requiring high temperature and steam
Auto-Stop safety feature (depending on model)
levels. Beyond program 8, pressing the program selector has no effect.
- The program selected appears automatically on the indicator panel at the front of the iron (F).
- The electronic system cuts off the electric power and the
- Set the steam control to steam (
Auto-Stop warning light flashes if the iron is left
What water to use ?
- When your iron reaches the required temperature, the thermostat indicator goes out (G).
vertically on its heel for more than 8 minutes, or
You can start ironing.
in a horizontal position for more than 30 seconds,
Your appliance has been designed to function with untreated tap water. However, it is
for your security.
necessary to operate the Self-Clean function regularly in order to eliminate hard water
- To restart the iron, just move it gently until the warning light
deposits from the steam chamber.
Fabrics and ironing temperatures:
If your water is very hard (check with your local water authority), it is possible to mix
• Your iron heats up quickly: so begin by ironing fabrics that are ironed at low tem-
Note : when the Auto-Stop warning light is on,
tap water with store-bought distilled or demineralised water in the following
peratures first, then go on to those requiring a higher temperature,
proportions : - 50% tap water, - 50% distilled or demineralised water.
it is normal for the thermostat light to remain off.
• if you change to a program requiring lower temperatures, wait for the thermostat
light to come on again before continuing to iron (for models fitted with the
"Thermo-Alert", refer to the section "Thermo-Alert function").
Types of water not to use
"Thermo-Alert" function (depending on model)
• when ironing fabrics with mixed fibres, set the ironing temperature for the most
delicate fibre. For delicate fabrics we recommend testing the fabric first on an
Heat concentrates the elements contained in water during evaporation.The types of
- The "Thermo-Alert" light (O) comes on when you choose a
inconspicious place eg (inside them).
water listed below contain organic waste or mineral elements that can cause spitting,
program requiring a lower temperature (for example, changing
• For best results we recommend you use a vented ironing board to allow the
brown staining, or premature wear of the appliance : water from clothes dryers,
from program 8 to program 6).
powerful steam to penetrate through the fabric more efficiently.
scented or softened water, water from refrigerators, batteries or air conditioners,
It remains lit while the soleplate temperature is too high.
• Ensure that the fabric you are ironing is flat to avoid steam venting sideways
pure distilled or demineralised water or rain water should not be used in your Tefal
- When it goes out, you can iron without risk of burning the fabric.
iron. Also do not to use boiled, filtered or bottled water.