www.epicfit.com Model No. EPEL16912.2 Serial No. USER’S MANUAL Write the serial number in the space above for reference. Serial Number Decal (on underside of frame) ACTIVATE YOUR WARRANTY To register your product and activate your warranty today, go to www.epicfit.com/registration. CUSTOMER CARE For service at any time, go to www.epicfit.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS WARNING DECAL PLACEMENT ............. . . 2 IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS .
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, read all important precautions and instructions in this manual and all warnings on the elliptical before using the elliptical. ICON assumes no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sustained by or through the use of this product.
A35E manual. To help us assist you, note the product model ™ elliptical. The A35E elliptical provides an impressive number and serial number before contacting us. The selection of features designed to make your workouts model number and the location of the serial number at home more effective and enjoyable.
PART IDENTIFICATION CHART Use the drawings below to identify the small parts needed for assembly. The number in parentheses below each drawing is the key number of the part, from the PART LIST near the end of this manual. The number following the key number is the quantity needed for assembly.
ASSEMBLY • To watch an assembly • Left parts are marked “L” or “Left” and right parts video, go to are marked “R” or “Right.” http://productvideo.co/ assembly/dsg/epic or • To identify small parts, see page 6. use your mobile phone or smartphone to read •...
3. Set the Rear Stabilizer (5) on the floor behind the Frame (1). Locate the wire tie in the Rear Stabilizer. See the inset drawing. Tie the end of the wire tie to the Sensor Wire Harness (155). Pull the other end of the wire tie until the Sensor Wire Harness (155) is routed through the Rear Stabilizer (5).
6. Identify the Lower Upright Cover (80), which has a large oval hole in it. Orient the Lower Upright Cover (80), the Shield Cover (75), and the Upright (4) as shown. Slide the Lower Upright Cover and the Shield Cover upward onto the Upright.
8. Tip: Avoid pinching the Main Wire Harness (110). Slide the Upright (4) onto the Frame (1). Attach Avoid pinching the Upright with seven M8 x 16mm Screws (72); the Main Wire do not fully tighten the Screws yet. Harness (110) Do not press the Shield Cover (75) into place yet.
10. Using a plastic bag to keep your fingers clean, apply a generous amount of the included Grease grease to the Arm Axle (35) and to two Wave Washers (95). Insert the Arm Axle (35) into the Upright (4) and center it.
12. Tip: Avoid pinching the wires in the Right and Left Handlebars (83, 87). Attach the Right Handlebar (83) to the right side of the Console Bracket (62) with three M8 x 16mm Screws (72). Repeat this step with the Left Handlebar (87). Then, remove the packaging from the wires on the Right and Left Handlebars (83, 87).
14. Have a second person hold the Console (7) near the Console Bracket (62). Connect the Ground Wire (119) to the matching wire on the Console (7). Then, insert all of the Avoid pinching wires on the Console downward through the the wires indicated hole in the Console Bracket (62).
16. Slide the Lower Upright Cover (80) upward, and attach it to the Upright (4) with two M4 x 16mm Screws (104). 17. Attach the Accessory Tray Base (8) to the Upright (4) with two M4 x 16mm Screws (104). 18.
19. Press the Accessory Tray (37) into the Accessory Tray Base (8). 20. Press the Upper Upright Cover (91) onto the Lower Upright Cover (80).
21. Identify the Right Arm Upper Cover (67) and the Right Arm Lower Cover (68). Attach the Right Arm Upper Cover (67) to the Right Upper Body Leg (36) with an M4 x 16mm Screw (104). Then, press the Right Arm Lower Cover (68) onto the Right Arm Upper Cover (67).
23. While a second person tips the elliptical to the left and holds it, attach a Stabilizer Cap (134) to the right side of the Frame (1) with two M4 x 16mm Screws (104). Next, tighten a Leveling Foot (92) into the Frame (1) in the indicated location.
THE CHEST HEART RATE MONITOR HOW TO PUT ON THE HEART RATE MONITOR • Do not expose the heart rate monitor to direct sun- light for extended periods of time; do not expose it to The heart rate temperatures above 122° F (50° C) or below 14° F monitor consists of (-10°...
HOW TO USE THE ELLIPTICAL HOW TO PLUG IN THE POWER CORD A temporary adapter may 2-pole Receptacle This product must be grounded. If it should malfunc- be used to tion or break down, grounding provides a path of least connect the Adapter resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of...
HOW TO MOVE THE ELLIPTICAL HOW TO ADJUST THE POSITIONS OF THE PEDALS Due to the size and weight of the elliptical, moving it requires two persons. Stand in front of the elliptical, Each pedal can be adjusted to several positions. To hold the upright, and place one foot against one of the adjust each pedal, lift the pedal and turn the pedal wheels.
HOW TO LEVEL THE ELLIPTICAL HOW TO EXERCISE ON THE ELLIPTICAL If the elliptical rocks slightly on your floor during use, To mount the elliptical, hold the upper body arms or turn one or both of the leveling feet beneath the rear the handlebars and step onto the pedal that is in the stabilizer until the rocking motion is eliminated.
CONSOLE DIAGRAM FEATURES OF THE CONSOLE as it guides you through an effective workout. You can also set a time, distance, calorie, or rpm goal. Several The advanced console offers an array of features iFit demo workouts are also included. designed to make your workouts more effective and enjoyable.
HOW TO TURN ON THE POWER HOW TO USE THE TOUCH SCREEN IMPORTANT: If the elliptical has been exposed to The console features a tablet with a full-color touch cold temperatures, allow it to warm to room tem- screen. The following information will help you become perature before you turn on the power.
HOW TO SET UP THE CONSOLE The browser will open to the iFit.com home page. Touch the Join iFit button in the upper-right corner Before using the elliptical for the first time, set up the of the screen. console. The Internet browser will open to the iFit.com 1.
HOW TO USE THE MANUAL MODE 4. Follow your progress. 1. Touch the screen or press any button on the The console offers several display modes. The console to turn on the console. display mode that you select will determine which workout information is shown.
5. Measure your heart rate if desired. If the display does not show your heart rate, make sure that your hands are positioned as described. To use the chest heart rate monitor, see page Be careful not to move your hands excessively 18.
HOW TO USE AN ONBOARD WORKOUT If the resistance level or incline level for the current segment is too high or too low, you can manu- 1. Touch the screen or press any button on the ally override the setting by pressing the Quick console to turn on the console.
HOW TO USE A SET-A-GOAL WORKOUT The workout will continue until you reach the goal that you set. A workout summary will appear on 1. Touch the screen or press any button on the the screen. After you view the workout summary, console to turn on the console.
HOW TO USE AN IFIT WORKOUT For more information about the iFit workouts, please see www.iFit.com. Note: To use an iFit workout, you must have access to a wireless network (see HOW TO USE THE When you select an iFit workout, the screen will WIRELESS NETWORK MODE on page 32).
HOW TO USE THE EQUIPMENT SETTINGS MODE Note: If a passcode is enabled, the console will regularly ask for you to enter the passcode. The 1. Select the settings main menu. console will remain locked until the correct pass- code is entered. IMPORTANT: If you forget your Turn on the console and select the main menu passcode, enter the following master passcode (see steps 1 and 2 on page 25).
12. Enable or disable street view. The screen will show the progress of the update. When the update is complete, the elliptical will turn During some workouts, the screen may show a off and then turn back on. If it does not, press the map.
HOW TO USE THE WIRELESS NETWORK MODE An information box will ask if you want to connect to the wireless network. Touch the Connect button The console features a wireless network mode that to connect to the network or touch the Cancel but- allows you to set up a wireless network connection.
HOW TO USE THE SOUND SYSTEM HOW TO USE THE INTERNET BROWSER To play music or audio books through the console Note: To use the Internet browser, you must have sound system, you must connect your MP3 player, CD access to a wireless network including a wireless player, or other personal audio player to the console.
FCC INFORMATION This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15C and part 18 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING IMPORTANT: Servicing other than the procedures Next, see EXPLODED DRAWING A on page 41 and described below should be performed only by an EXPLODED DRAWING B on page 42. Remove the authorized service representative. M8 x 16mm Screw (72), the Axle Cover (53), and the M8 x 25mm Washer (149) from the upper end of the Inspect and tighten all parts of the elliptical regularly.
HOW TO ADJUST THE REED SWITCH Loosen, but do not remove, the two M4 x 16mm Screws (104). Slide the Reed Switch (38) slightly If the console does not display correct feedback, the closer to or away from the Magnet (43). Then, retighten reed switch should be adjusted.
EXERCISE GUIDELINES Burning Fat—To burn fat effectively, you must exer- WARNING: cise at a low intensity level for a sustained period of Before beginning this time. During the first few minutes of exercise, your or any exercise program, consult your physi- body uses carbohydrate calories for energy.
SUGGESTED STRETCHES The correct form for several basic stretches is shown at the right. Move slowly as you stretch; never bounce. 1. Toe Touch Stretch Stand with your knees bent slightly and slowly bend forward from your hips. Allow your back and shoulders to relax as you reach down toward your toes as far as possible.
PART LIST Model No. EPEL16912.2 R0113A Key No. Qty. Description Key No. Qty. Description Frame Roller Rear Stabilizer Cover Console Knob Ramp Axle Cover Upright Left Arm Upper Cover Rear Stabilizer Left Arm Lower Cover Front Stabilizer Upper Handlebar Cover Console Roller Arm/Pedal Arm Bushing Accessory Tray Base/Receiver...
Key No. Qty. Description Key No. Qty. Description Idler Screw Left Pedal Adjustment Bracket M8 Locknut Pedal Arm Flex Bracket Ultrasonic Sensor Bracket Flex Bracket Cover M4 x 16mm Screw Left Pedal Plate M8 x 16mm Hex Screw Right Pedal Plate Small Pulley Spacer Pedal Plate Spring Large Standoff...
EXPLODED DRAWING A Model No. EPEL16912.2 R0113A...
EXPLODED DRAWING B Model No. EPEL16912.2 R0113A...
EXPLODED DRAWING C Model No. EPEL16912.2 R0113A...
ORDERING REPLACEMENT PARTS To order replacement parts, please see the front cover of this manual. To help us assist you, be prepared to provide the following information when contacting us: • the model number and serial number of the product (see the front cover of this manual) •...