NPB-MDM Modem Card
• Keep these Installation Instructions for industrial safety
and the prevention of accidents.
• Only qualified personnel shall do mounting and
installation work with these devices, see section titled
This modem may require testing and
• The information in these instructions must be read and
certification in some European and Asian
understood by every person using this device.
countries prior to connecting to the Public
Switched Telephone Network. Refer to the
particular country's telephone authorities for
Qualified personnel in the sense of these instructions are
persons who are well versed in the use and installation of
such devices and whose professional qualifications meet
This document covers the mounting and wiring of the
the requirements of their work.
NPB-MDM Modem Card in a Honeywell WEB-201
Controller. For related WEB-IO mounting and wiring
This includes, for example:
details, refer to the WEB-201 Controller Installation
• Qualifications to connect the device according to
Instructions, form no. 95-7722.
applicable specifications and regulations, and
qualifications to put this device into operation, to power
The Honeywell NPB-MDM Modem Card uses a 56kbps
it down, or to activate it by respecting the internal
auto-dial, auto-answer modem with one RJ-11 connector
for the phone line. The NPB-MDM Modem Card must be
• Knowledge of safety rules.
installed in Option Slot 1 only, where it operates as
• Knowledge about application and use of the device
COM1. This disables the RS-232 base serial port (DB-9
within the equipment system.
connector) on the WEB-201 Controller. Only one
NPB-MDM Modem Card is supported in a WEB-201
Controller. Refer to Fig. 2 for location of option slots.
1. Unpack the NPB-MDM Modem Card.
2. Check the equipment and report any damage to a
NOTES REGARDING DEVICE DESCRIPTION
3. Read all of these instructions and ensure they are
These instructions include indications for use and
mounting of the device. In case of questions that cannot
be answered with these instructions, please consult the
Included in this Package
product supplier or manufacturer. It is the responsibility of
the equipment installer to ensure that all federal, state and
Included in this package are the following items:
local codes are followed.
• One NPB-MDM Modem Card, along with connector
and end plate.
• INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS form no. 95-7730.
Materials and Tools Required
The following tools and supplies may be required for
— #2 Phillips screwdriver: used to install the NPB-
MDM Modem Card.