Table of Contents 5. Manual recording ..... . .13 1. Connecting the video recorder ... .4 General information .
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS Thank you for buying a Philips video recorder. These operating instructions have been This video recorder is one of the most sophisti- printed on non-polluting paper. cated and easy-to-use video recorders (VCR) on Deposit old batteries at the appropriate col- the market.
1. Connecting the video recorder Open the remote control's battery compart- Important for the United Kingdom ment and place the batteries in it as shown in the picture and close the battery compart- This apparatus is fitted with an approved moulded 10 ment.
Insert AC cable into the wall socket. Insert one end of the supplied aerial cable My TV has several scart sockets. Which one RF OUT into the RF OUT at should I use? the back of the video Select that scart socket which is suited for the recorder and the video output as well as for the video input.
2. Important notes for operation Navigation in the screen menu Switching on You can switch on the video recorder with the You can check/change many functions and set- button. STANDBY/ON y y tings of your video recorder via the on-screen Automatic switch-off menu.
3. Installing your video recorder When all information is correct, save by Preparation for use pressing STATUS/EXIT The preparation for use is now complete. This chapter shows you how to prepare the video recorder for use. The video recorder automatically seeks out and stores all available TV channels.
I don't know the channels for my TV stations 'NO TV SIGNAL' will appear in the TV screen. The video recorder is not receiving a video In this case, press in 'CHANNEL' to signal from the TV. start the automatic channel search. A changing Check the plug on the scart cable.
Automatic Tuning Sorting and clearing TV channels manually During installation, all available TV channels are searched for and saved. If the channel assign- After you have performed the automatic channel ments of your cable or satellite TV provider search you may not agree with the sequence in change or if you are re-installing the video which the individual TV channels have been allo- recorder, e.g.
Setting the clock Setting the RF out channel If the display shows an incorrect time or ' --:-- ', In some reception locations it is possible that a the time and date must be reset manually. TV channel will be sent on the same or similar If a TV channel that transmits TXT/PDC (tele- frequency as the video recorder.
The following information is displayed on the screen: e.g.: 0:02:45 shows the counter in hours, DIGITAL STUDIO PICTURE CONTROL minutes and seconds. Philips has developed a system which produces SP/LP: will show the recorded speed of your the best possible playback quality. For old and cassette...
Searching for a tape position with Automatic search for a tape position picture (scanning) (index search) Every time a tape is recorded an index marking While a cassette is playing, press is written on the tape. (reverse) or (forward) one or more These marked positions can be found again times.
5. Manual recording General information Preventing accidental erasing of cassettes Use 'Manual Recording' to make a sponta- neous recording (for example, a programme cur- All cassettes (except for rently being shown). rental and store cas- settes) have a security If you want to start and stop a recording manual- tab on the back of the ly, read the section 'Recording without auto- cassette.
Selecting the recording speed (SP 'Direct Record' or LP) With Direct Record, you can record the right TV channel in seconds even if your video recorder is LP allows to double the recording duration on tape switched off. If the recording is started manually, (for example six hours instead of three hours on an the video recorder uses the current TV channel E180 cassette).
6. Programming a recording (TIMER) If you make a mistake, you can clear your input General information with CLEAR Use a TIMER programming to automatically start Plus Code and stop a recording at a later time or date. The video recorder will switch to the right programme No.
Error message: 'FULL' The decoded data appears after confirma- * If this error message appears after pressing tion. You can go back to change the data. , then all TIMER blocks are already pro- SV/V + Select the corresponding input field using grammed.
Problems and solutions for pro- How to check, or delete a pro- grammed recordings grammed recording (TIMER) Switch on the TV. If required, select the pro- The video recorder does not react gramme number for the video recorder. • While a programmed recording is being made, Press .
7. Other functions Switching the status display off or Continuous playback This function can be used to play a cassette Along with the on screen menu, the status dis- over and over again. When the end of the cas- play also displays information on the current sette is reached, the video recorder will rewind operating status (counter, playback, recording, and start from the beginning again.
Blue Background on or off Automatic switch-off Switch on the TV. If required, select the pro- If you haven't used the video recorder for a few gramme number for the video recorder. minutes in certain modes (e.g.: STOP), it will Press .
8. Before you call an engineer If, contrary to expectation, you have any prob- No recording possible: lems using this video recorder, it may be caused * The TV channel you want to record is not by the following reasons. stored or you selected the wrong programme number: check TV channels stored.
NORWAY Tel: 0810 001 203 P-2795 L-A-VEHLA Phone: 2274 8250 PORTUGAL Phone: 021-4163063 OY PHILIPS AB PHILIPS INFO CENTER PHILIPS CE, The Philips Centre, Sinikalliontie 3, Alexanderstrasse 1 420 - 430 London Road, 02630 Espoo 20099 Hamburg Croydon, Surrey FINLAND...